Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
To limit the spread of COVID-19, City of Douglas facilities will be operating under new restrictions. The City will continue to conduct business, but the City requests that visitors practice social distancing, wear face masks, and limit contact whenever possible. Customers can still drop payments and other documents in the drop boxes located in the vestibule at City Hall or on the drive up drop box on North side of the City Hall property. Please call the main City line at (307) 358-3462 for general questions, or, if you know what department you would like to speak to, call direct.
Administration: (307) 358-3462
Community Development Department: (307) 358-2132
Landfill: (307) 351-2186
Police Department: (307) 358-3311
Public Works: (307) 358-9750
The Converse County Website will be a landing place for alerts across the County. Please check frequently and sign up for alerts.
The County has released an Exemption Application for those businesses that want to apply for an exemption to the public closure order.
The form is available from the link above or can be picked up at the Public Health office between 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Public Health Office, faxed to the Public Heath office at 307-358-3941, or emailed to Johnna.email@example.com. If you are having trouble submitting the form from a PC try installing Adobe Read or Foxit Reader.
- Signed Order (March 19, 2020)
- Supplement to the Order (March 20, 2020)
- Link to the Governors’ Fireside Chat
- Statewide Public Health Order No. 3 (March 24, 2020)
- Public Health Orders Extended through April 17 (March 27, 2020)
- Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (March 27, 2020)
- Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (March 27, 2020)
- Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (March 27, 2020)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (April 3, 2020)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (April 3, 2020)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (April 3, 2020)
- 14 Day Quarantine (April 3, 2020)
- Third Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (April 28, 2020)
- Third Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (April 28, 2020)
- Third Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (April 28, 2020)
- Fourth Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (May 13, 2020)
- Fourth Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (May 13, 2020)
- Fourth Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (May 13, 2020)
- Special Session Proclamation (May 6, 2020)
- Fifth Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (May 27, 2020)
- Fifth Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (May 27, 2020)
- Fifth Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (May 27, 2020)
- Sixth Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (June 10, 2020)
- Sixth Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (June 10, 2020)
- Sixth Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (June 10, 2020)
- Seventh Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (June 29, 2020)
- Seventh Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (June 29, 2020)
- Seventh Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (June 29, 2020)
Converse County Variances to State Health Orders
- Variance to Order #1 - Outdoor Dining (May 6, 2020)
- Variance to Order #2 - Indoor and Outdoor Dining (May 9, 2020)
Executive Order: Beer & Wine To Go (March 30, 2020)
Basics to Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, keep your distance from other people.
- Practice good health habits (e.g. get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of water, eat nutritious food).
COVID-19 Shop Local Directory
In times like this, supporting each other is the best thing we can do. The City encourages you to support your local businesses.
If you have a business and would like to be listed here, please email Clara or call (307) 358-2132 with your business name, hours of operation, how people can receive goods and services from you, along with contact information and any other message you would like to get to your customers.
The Small Business Administration has released low-interest disaster loans to help business and homeowners recover from declared disasters. Additional information and applications can be found on the SBA website.
King’s Portion Community Food Pantry
Phone: (307) 359-9158
Hours: 4:30PM - 6:30PM, Thursday
Facebook Page: King’s Portion
Kodi Rae’s Coffee & Bakery
Phone: (307) 358-8335
Hours: 6AM - 7PM, Wednesday thru Sunday
Facebook Page: Kodi Rae’s
Phone: (307) 358-1934
Posted April 3, 2020
Facebook Page: Friendz
Phone: (307) 358-4343
Message from Business: The Hotel LaBonte is still open for business.
Phone: (307) 358-4343
Hours: 11AM - 8PM
Message from Business: We offer curbside service. You can call ahead and pay over the phone. Please come to our side door (East side of the building) for pick-up.
Phone: (307) 358-3446
Hours: 6AM - 10PM
Special Services: at-risk hours (see below)
Facebook Page: Safeway’s
Phone: (307) 358-4348 (Douglas), (307) 436-9442 (Glenrock)
Shatto’s Frontier Drug
Phone: (307) 358-5077
Hours: 8:30AM - 6PM, Monday thru Friday, 9AM - 5PM, Saturday
Website: Shatto’s Frontier Drug
Facebook Page: Shatto’s Frontier Drug
Solutions for Life
Phone: (307) 358-2846
Message from Business: Effective May 11, 2020. In light of recent announcements, we are preparing to reopen our doors. The health and well-being of our client’s and our employees continues to be our top priority. We will continue to follow guidelines issued by Converse and Niobrara County Public Health Departments, along with those of the CDC, state, and local officials. To safely welcome you back we are making temporary changes to help observe social distancing and to promote a healthy environment. We will be limiting the number of clients into the building. We are recommending that if Zoom is working for you, please continue to use those services. Clients must wait in their car outside and be escorted in the building. Clients will be screened when brought into the building and consist of temperature and health questions. Clients will be required to provide and wear masks for their protection. All clients will wash hands upon arrival, after sneezing or coughing, blowing nose, or after smoke breaks. As always, we will continue to clean and sanitize regularly. Each office will be cleaned and sanitized after every use. If you have had a fever in the last 72 hours or have any-other symptoms, please call the office to reschedule or change to a Zoom meeting.
Phone: (307) 358-9228
Hours: 10AM - 9PM, Monday thru Friday, 9AM - 9PM Saturday, Noon - 9PM Sunday
Facebook Page: Sunset Liquor
The Depot Restaurant
Phone: (307) 358-9999
Hours: 11AM - 9PM
Special Services: curbside pickup
Facebook Page: The Depot Restaurant
Whistle Stop Mercantile
Phone: (307) 358-3663
Hours: 9AM - 3PM, Monday thru Saturday
Special Services: curbside pickup, purchase online or via phone
Website: Whistle Stop Mercantile
Facebook Page: Whistle Stop Mercantile
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Cases in the U.S.
- Travelers’ Health
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- CODIV-19 Symptoms
- 10 Ways to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home
- CDC in Action: Preparing Communities for Potential Spread of COVID-19D
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Wyoming 211 - for citizens in need of social service referral help dial 211
- Wyoming Department of Health - official COVID-19 response page
- COVID-19 Wyoming Task Forces
- USDA Rural Development
- USDA Federal Rural Resource Guide
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to COVID-19
- SBA EIDL Loans
- SBA Three Step Process for Disaster Loans
Dispelling Rumors & Misinformation
- COVID-19 advice for the public: Myth busters
- World Health Organization (WHO) Q&A
- Why Outbreaks Like Coronavirus Spread Exponentially, and How to "Flatten the Curve"
- Wyoming at Work
- 5 Tips for Finding Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Wyoming PBS)
- A Hustler’s Mindset: How to Find Work During COVID-19 (Forbes)
Preparing for a Pandemic / Business Continuity
- The Safety Professional’s Role in Planning for a Pandemic
- Ready.gov – Preparing for a Pandemic
- Webinar: Pandemic & Infectious Disease Pandemic Planning
- OSHA Recommendations
Local Government Emergency Management
- Coronavirus: How Local Officials and Emergency Managers Respond
- Wyoming Department of Health update
- Let’s Play Defense Against COVID-19!
- Wyoming Association of Municipalities
- Guidance to Help Calm Your Workforce
- What’s Your Company’s Emergency Remote-Work Plan?
- What’s an Employer to Do? - HR advice during the COVID-19 response
- 7 Ways to Make Working from Home Easier