Can I hire unlicensed help?
You may only hire unlicensed help to perform landscaping and yard maintenance, install or maintain fences, do concrete flatwork, trim or remove trees, paint, or do interior or exterior finish work such as siding, replacing windows, carpeting, tiling, etc.

Show All Answers

1. I hear there have been changes to the city's contractor licensing requirements. What's different?
2. What types of things can I, the property owner, do?
3. Can I hire unlicensed help?
4. Can I get a friend to help me?
5. When must I, the property owner, hire a licensed contractor?
6. Do I, the property owner, have to be on the premises while the work is being done?
7. Can I, as the property owner, build a new structure?
8. Do I need a building permit?
9. Will I be required to call for inspections?
10. Is there any reason I, as the property owner, should not perform my own building repairs and maintenance?