The Board of Commissioners of Converse County, Wyoming, make and enter its Order imposing a partial closure within the boundaries of said county, prohibiting and/or restricting the use of open and outdoor fires within the unincorporated areas of this County, as follows:
All outdoor and open fires and the discharge of fireworks within the unincorporated areas of Converse County, Wyoming, are prohibited except as provided below:
1. Gas and charcoal fires within enclosed grills;
2. Use of acetylene cutting torches and/or electric arc welders in cleared areas ten (10) feet in radius; fire suppression or fire guard must be on site.
3. Propane or open fire branding activities in cleared areas ten (10) feet in radius.
4. Trash or refuse fires between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., where such fires are contained inside of containers, are attended, and are provided with spark arresters and located within a cleared area ten (10) feet in radius;
5. Controlled burns for range improvements, but only with the written permission of the County Fire Warden.
Exempt from the partial closure prohibition and restrictions: Any federal, state or local officers engaged in fire, emergency and law enforcement activities and any member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force engaged in the performance of an official duty.
Partial closure order is to be effective and in force June 17, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. through October 15, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.
The use of any area in violation of the Resolution shall be a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100.00), imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed thirty (30) days or both the fine and imprisonment. Restitution shall also be ordered. Wyoming Statutes, Section 35-9-304.